Saturday, December 18, 2010

Long-tailed Parakeet (Psittacula longicauda)

The long-tailed Parakeet (Psittacula longicauda) or as known as Bayan Nuri, is moderately sized.
Male average size is 42cm while female average size is 30cm. I sighted it at the Teluk Intan Riverfront last week and was delighted as it was the first time I actually snap it.

Once I saw it flocking in a group (around 8 of them) over trees but never have the chance to snap this colorful bird. I was very lucky last week as 3 of then stop at top of a large dead tree. Lasted for 2 minutes plus, I manage snap some of its pose and a in flight position.





I did do some research. Other possible place in Teluk Intan where long-tailed parakeet is sighted, including oil palm estate and reserve forest. I'm not sure how true is that. But I'll definately will find it again.

Thank you for your viewing. Hopefully the information here is useful to you.

2 comments:

  1. This bird is very familiar at Taiping Town and Taiping Lake Garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meng, we used to see these birds near my mum's place in Teluk Intan. Usually they come in flock at around 7pm.

    ReplyDelete